The news had been in the air for some time, especially after the migration of data from Android to iOS had been made available to users included in the beta circuit of WhatsApp : the test phase lasted about a month.
Now, after the announcement of WhatsApp via the official social profiles, this awaited feature is at the service of all users who usually use the very popular instant messaging application.
How to transfer WhatsApp account data from Android to iPhone
To migrate data from one operating system to another, you need:
- Android Lollipop, SDK 21 or higher, or Android 5 or higher installed on your Android device;
- iOS 15.5 or higher installed on your iPhone;
- Switch to iOS app installed on your Android phone;
- WhatsApp for iOS version 22.214.171.124 or higher installed on the new device;
- WhatsApp for Android version 126.96.36.199 or higher installed on the old device;
- the same phone number is used on both devices;
- iPhone needs to be set or reset to factory settings to be paired with the Switch to iOS app and transfer data from Android phone;
- both devices must be connected to a power source;
- both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Alternatively, the Android device must be connected to the iPhone hotspot.
Instead, below are the various steps to be put into practice to carry out the actual operation:
- Open the Switch to iOS app on your Android phone and follow the on-screen instructions;
- A code will appear on your iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone;
- Tap Continue and follow the on-screen instructions;
- Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen ;
- Tap GET STARTED on the Android phone and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. When the data is ready, your account will be disconnected from the Android phone;
- Tap NEXT to return to the Switch to iOS app;
- Touch CONTINUE to transfer data from Android phone to iPhone and wait for Switch to iOS to confirm that the transfer is complete;
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store;
- Open WhatsApp and log in with the same phone number used on the old device;
- Tap Start when prompted and wait for the process to complete;
- Once the activation of the new device is complete, you will find your chats waiting for you.
Remember that the transferred data will not be stored in the cloud until you create an iCloud backup and will also remain on your Android phone until you delete WhatsApp or wipe the phone memory. Finally, if you were looking for an iPhone by compatible with the latest versions of WhatsApp.