At the end of 2018, Google stopped reporting the adoption rate of the Android version every month. However, from the updated data provided in Android Studio , we can still see the latest stats. This data is used to determine the appropriate version of app development for programmers. Since Android 12 only launched a few weeks ago, there is no information about it.
After the debut of version 11 (R) on September 8, 2020, its current share has risen to 24.2%, placing it in second place. This makes Android 10 (Q) of 2019 the most popular green robot system with a share of 26.5%.
- 11 R represents 24.2%;
- 10 Q represents 26.5%;
- 9 Pie represents 18.2%;
- 8 Oreo represents 13.7%;
- 7 / 7.1 Nougat represents 6.3%;
- 6 Marshmallow represents 5.1%;
- 5 Lollipop accounts for 3.9%;
- 4.4 KitKat represents 1.4%;
- 4 Jelly Bean accounts for 0.6%.
Developers using Android Studio can view more detailed statistics and information while creating a new project.
In related news, it emerges that Zimperium , a mobile security company, recently discovered phishing software . This malware is currently mainly influential in South Korea. The name of this application is PhoneSpy . Thousands of Android users in South Korea are already victims of this scam; Furthermore, the criminals behind this app can freely access the data, call information and services on the victim’s cell phone.
- Advertisement -
View the complete list of applications on the device;
- Stealing personal passwords via phishing websites;
- Stealing pictures;
- Track your GPS location;
- Steal text messages;
- Stealing telephone contacts;
- Use the front and rear cameras to record video in real time;
- Steal call log and capture audio in real time;
- Access the camera to take pictures using the front and rear cameras;
- Use the phone number to send text messages;
- Disclose device information (IMEI, brand, device name, Android version).