The Redmi A1 Plus was announced in Kenya after several leaks revealed the device’s main specs . According to the Chinese manufacturer, the new cockroach seeks to deliver an attractive price to markets where there is low purchasing power.
Therefore, the Redmi A1 Plus even saves on the project, since the smartphone is basically the A1 with the “plus” of having a fingerprint reader located on the back . The screen is a 6.52-inch IPS LCD, it has HD+ resolution and a teardrop notch for the 5 MP front camera.
The device’s processor is the MediaTek Helio A22, and it works in conjunction with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. If necessary, the user can expand the memory with a MicroSD card.
The Redmi A1 Plus rear camera module has two sensors. The main one is 8 MP, while the secondary brings another 0.2 MP for depth effect.
The smartphone is dual-SIM 4G, has dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 and a P2 headphone jack, but unfortunately still uses a MicroUSB port.
Finally, the battery is 5,000 mAh and there is Android 12 Go Edition.
- 6.52-inch IPS LCD screen with HD+ resolution
- Drop notch display and 120 Hz touch sampling
- MediaTek Helio A22 Platform
- 2 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of internal storage
- Expandable memory with MicroSD card
- 5 MP front camera
- Dual 8 MP + 0.2 MP (depth) rear camera
- 4G connection, WiFi 2.4 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, P2 and fingerprint reader
- 5,000mAh battery with support for 10W charging
- Android 12 with clean experience.
- Dimensions: 164.9×76.75×9.1 mm
- Weight: 192g
Price and availability
Redmi A1 Plus is priced ($85)